Saturday, January 9, 2010


A is for Aladdin Jr. 

The first time I walked in the audition room I was a nervous wreck. They asked me to sing a song. I chose to sing “Oh Canada” and as I started to sing, I wasn’t nervous anymore. After my song, they wanted me to recite a part of the play. In the end they chose me to play the part of Princess Jasmine.

You might think it is easy to just memorize lines, but that’s not it. You also have to learn choreography, songs, stage directions, blocking, be comfortable on stage and in the spotlight.

Aladdin Jr. is a musical performed by the KW drama workshop. Aladdin is based on a Princess named Jasmine who meets a poor boy on the streets whose name is Aladdin. They want to get married, but Aladdin is not a prince, and Jasmine can’t marry someone who isn’t part of the royal party because it is the law. Jafar, a villain tries to interfere between them and causes lots of problems. The Genie saves everyone by granting Jafar a wish. Jafar gets sucked up in the lamp and remains there until someone rubs the lamp next. In the end the law changes and Jasmine and Aladdin get married.

I’ m very excited to perform this fun musical to students during the week and to the public during the night. I hope Aladdin Jr. will be a great success!

Life Lesson: Don`t be nervous for auditions, just be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment